It's time to give thanks and celebrate! (And eat a lot of turkey and pie, of course.) This Thanksgiving at Amerihope Alliance Legal Services, we asked our staff to answer an anonymous poll that asked one simple question: What are you thankful for? Here are some of the responses:
- My parents, my family, my friends, and my health.
- I'm thankful for random acts of kindness, and people who are friendly and generous.
- I'm thankful for my beautiful mother and daughter, and that everyday I can be thankful for something in my life.
- I'm thankful for having and raising two boys that I love and that they aren’t ashamed to show me that they love me, too.
- I am thankful for my wonderful friends and coworkers and holidays like Thanksgiving.
- I'm thankful that we're able to help our clients save their homes from foreclosure.
- I am thankful for being able to spend the holidays with my family.
- I'm thankful for my great support system.
- My children, no doubt.
So you can see that the most common things people were thankful for were family and health, not money or material possessions. What are you thankful for? Let us know in the comments below.